From the desk of the Managing Director
It gives me great pleasure to begin the lead-in to this edition by sharing the wonderful news of our 1st startup from the 1st cohort (Trilyo) getting angel-funded. We also have term sheets signed by investors with two other startups in the same cohort and by the next edition of our newsletter, I am positive they will have closed their rounds.
I am also very proud to share that we have a bigger, more diverse and international cohort that kicked off on 27th September 2016. We have 10 startups in India (cohort #2) and 5 in Hong Kong (cohort #1 with our JV partner Paperclip Startup Campus) and things have gone into overdrive since then.
I invite you to read about all the awesome startups in our Oct 2016 cohort and their progress so far. We are now midway and are soon moving into the final sprint & overdrive before another super exciting Demo Day for this cohort in February 2017. We are looking forward to saying adieu to 2016 with a bang and welcoming 2017 with an even bigger bang. Of course, we look forward to strengthening our relationship with you and all our friends, partners, supporters & well wishers – together bringing benefit to as many SaaSy startups as possible each year.
In the meanwhile, happy reading !
Managing Director, Amplifi
September = Surreal !
We had already finalised the 10 startups in cohort #2 in India and agreements were being signed with them. In the meanwhile, the final selection round for our very first cohort in Hong Kong was finalised. So much action !
The Perfect Pitch
September 10, 2016 : Amplifi Paperclip SaaS Accelerator organised pitch day at Cyberport, Hong Kong. Panelists were Sudarshan Narayan, Rohinton Bharucha, Ajay Kotkar, Jeffrey Broer, Andrea Livotto, Peter Williams and Dan Ternes.
Amplifi proudly announced Kotak Mahindra Bank as program sponsor and preferred banking partner. Together we aim to make lives of our founders easier and enable their growth & success.
September 13, 2016 : HKBAN Annual Dinner 2016
As a run-up to our launch in Hong Kong our MD, Sudarshan Narayan attended HKBAN‘s prestigious annual event in order to network with existing and new connections to apprise them of our upcoming cohort. The event was very well attended by members and was very fruitful. Also attending were key members of HKVCA from leading VC and PE firms.
Amplifi welcomes its latest cohort – #2 – in India
September 27, 2016 : 10 startups from 5 different cities in India converged in Bengaluru to be inducted into our cohort #2. Once again, we were so proud and overjoyed to have our supporter & well wisher and one of the most respected startup investors Mr. Srinath Batni inaugurate this cohort, as he did the first one. Read more.
Amplifi Paperclip SaaS Accelerator welcomes HK cohort #1
September 28, 2016 : Amplifi Paperclip SaaS Accelerator co-founders Sudarshan Narayan (via GoToMeeting) and Deepak Madnani (in person) welcomed our first ever SaaS cohort in Hong Kong. We inducted 5 exciting startups into the fold and had an amazing guest (entrepreneur cum investor) welcome the startups. Read more.
- September 29, 2016 – Mentor-Mentee Relationship by Jeffrey Broer
- September 30, 2016 – SaaS Business Modelling by Jenny Rutherford
Amplifi kickstarted October with the big news of its first startup from cohort #1 announcing its fund raise : Trilyo, raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a seed round from angels. Read full story here.
The fabulous new cohort got into the thick of things with a flurry of mentor meetings, strategy brainstorming sessions and goal setting / planning activities. The month’s calendar was packed with amazingly insightful workshops and masterclasses along with exciting networking events.
October 14, 2016 at B-Hive, HSR 4, Bengaluru :. Mr. Srinath Batni (Director, Axilor Ventures Pvt. Ltd.) was Chief Guest. Angels and VCs attended.
October 20, 2016 at Sunville Banquets, Mumbai : Mr. Santrupt Misra (Director, Global H.R. & CEO, Carbon Black Business at Aditya Birla Group) was Guest of Honor. Several angels & VCs attended.
October 27, 2016 at Paperclip Startup Campus, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong : Attended by a select few angels and VCs.
- October 1, 2016 – Panel discussion on angel and seed funding scene in Asia
Moderator : Sudarshan Narayan
Panelists : Rohinton Bharucha, Jeffrey Broer, Derek Kwik, Peter Williams & Deepak Madnani
- October 1, 2016 – How to pitch and how to write a compelling pitch deck by Jeffrey Broer
- October 6, 2016 – Startups get tips from Top investment and Corporate professional Lincoln Pan
- October 8, 2016 – Technology & Product, Product UX/UI Best Practices by Dan Ternes, Nisheeth Ranjan & Ravi Padaki
- October 11, 2016 – Workshop on Amazon Web Services by Abhishek Saxena
- October 15, 2016 – Session on Financial model and statements by Jenny Rutherford & Amit Manocha
- October 19, 2016 – Workshop on Google Cloud Platform by Arpit Jaiswal & Anuja Shukla
- October 21, 2016 – Startups interacted with Global CIO/COO Rumi Contractor
- October 22, 2016 – Startup financing/fundraising deep dive by Rohinton Bharucha
- October 28, 2016 – Session on Enterprise sales by Kiran Pradhan
- November 3, 2016 – One of India’s top startup mentors and angel investors Sanjay Anandaram addressed our portfolio startups
- November 5, 2016 – SaaS Marketing fundamentals and Customer success by Jenny Rutherford
- November 5, 2016 – Startup financing/fundraising deep dive for our HK Cohort by Alex So
- November 10, 2016 – Fundraising process, legal documentation and preparation by Anisha Patnaik
- November 12, 2016– SaaS business plan by Sudarshan Narayan
- November 14, 2016– Workshop on Amazon Web Services for our HK Cohort by Warren Li
- November 30, 2016– Session on Taking your venture global for our HK Cohort by Maneck Mohan
- December 1, 2016 – Talk by Satish Gopalam on Acquisitions / Strategic Investments
- December 1, 2016 – Session by Patrick Campbell on SaaS Pricing
- December 3, 2016 – Presentation Skills Session by Dan Ternes on how to present your idea/startup; to customers, in business networking events and on Demo Day; followed by Sudarshan Narayan on Demo Day and beyond – what to expect
- December 4, 2016 – Elevator pitch #2 for India Startups
- December 10, 2016 – Talk by Richie Mathews on Rise of AI & Bots