From the desk of the Managing Director
May was one crazy month for the Amplifi team and its 1st cohort.
The startup founders were battling various fronts – positioning, branding, product development, business plan and pitch deck, research, customer acquisition – to set the platform for a massive push in the last month. Weekly reviews with their mentors ensured that they stayed on course and focused. While in Month 1 we had RefYaar pivot to Pyplyn and Sixerjobs to Varsito, this month after a lot of research and brainstorming, LiveCabs became TravDots.
Amplifi decided to take its program to various Indian cities for the benefit of more SaaS entrepreneurs across India. We also plan to launch the accelerator program in Hong Kong with a local partner – a leading co-working space. Amplifi Management also decided to launch our own Angel Network to fund the accelerator portfolio startups and work started aggressively on this front. We hope to recruit about 100 members this year ; made up of active angels, serial entrepreneurs and corporate leaders.
As cohort 1 prepares for the final leg of the program & of course Demo Day (2nd July in Bengaluru and 8th July in Mumbai), and as Amplifi prepares to scale, I along with the team Amplifi look forward to a fantastic journey this year. And of course, we look forward to your continued support.
Managing Director, Amplifi
On May 30th, we went live with our applications for our next batch (1st Cohort) in six new locations in India i.e. Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata & New Delhi-NCR, and the 2nd cohort in Bengaluru. The new cohorts will tentatively start in the first week of August 2016 and will last for 12 weeks before the startups pitch to investors on Demo Day at the end of the program.
For the new cohorts Amplifi has partnered with Extentia Information Technology in Pune for outreach & infrastructure. We are also very proud to partner with Nasscom 10,000 startups & Indian startups who will help us with the outreach campaign & promotional activities.
Workshop on UX Design
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- 12 Startup Stories That You Don’t Want To Miss
- Demystifying Churn: Measuring and Benchmarking this Metric
- How Asia Pacific businesses who are utilising cloud are forging ahead
- Eight Innovative Apps That Are Changing Work Habits
- Competing in SaaS by Leading With Product
- Marketing & Growth strategies for B2B SaaS
- How to Compete in SaaS Today and for the Future
- Best ways to engage your SaaS free trials
- 2015 SaaS Survey Infographic
SaaS and Tech Funding News
- Digital Foodie Raises Funding for Food Delivery SaaS Platform
- Ad-tech startup Chikoop raises seed funding
- Much to consider when looking for startup funding
- Startups Are Our Economic Future: So Why Aren’t We Funding Them?
- 10 Rules Of Success By Author Of ‘The Dhandho Investor’
- 4 days Mumbai field trip for our Cohort #1 is being organised from 10th – 14th June to meet & network with relevant potential customers, angels, VCs & mentors.
We will be announcing the launching of a Retail-Tech Accelerator in Mumbai.
Session on “PR for startups” will be conducted on 17th June by Jaideep Shergill @Pitchfork Partners.
Startup pitch events to apply for Cohort 2 in Bengaluru and Cohort 1 in various locations on the following days :
19th June – Bengaluru – in collaboration with IndianStartups.
21st June – Bengaluru – in collaboration with Nasscom 10k startups.
24th June – Kolkata – in collaboration with Nasscom 10k startups.
25th June – Mumbai – in collaboration with IndianStartups.
26th June – Pune – in collaboration with IndianStartups.
27th June – Mumbai – in collaboration with Nasscom 10k startups.
2nd July – Chennai & Hyderabad – in collaboration with iKeva.
3rd July – Bengaluru – in collaboration with iKeva.
5th July – Pune – in collaboration with Nasscom 10k startups.
17th July – Chennai – in collaboration with @theWorks.
Demo day for Cohort #1:
2nd July, Bengaluru.
9th July, Mumbai.