May 6th, 2016 | Online
Vipul Mehta (Founder & CEO at Tipping Point) conducted this mind blowing workshop. He has over 20 years of rich experience in IT industry as a co-founder and top management with software product development companies serving to India’s fortune 500 customers. He has works closely with various start-ups which are funded by Mumbai Angels, Indian Angel Network, CIO Angel Network, Venture Nursery which includes companies like LogiNext, Paytunes, Saffron Stays, MotoMojo, Stitch Wood, to name a few. He is closely associated with Amplifi Asia and many of HNI investors and their portfolio companies.
The session was mainly focused on the following topics:
- Bag funding or Beg funding.
- Finding Mr/Ms right – Investor dating.
- Decoding an Ideal Investor.
- Right Price to write payout.
- What investors look for?
- The Proposition.
- The Market.
- Fast & Furious wins the race – aligning to momentum keeps an investor alive & kicking.
- Raising funds is expensive both in time & money – both resource are scarce with entrepreneur and abundant with investors.
- Frequency of investors communication – engagement is more important in early stage than the duration of communication.
- Startups which offer prospects quick trial, pilot & testing – will seize the opportunity to grab investors attention.
- Make sure to demonstrate right sense of urgency and selectivity.
It was a deep dive session and lasted 90 minutes followed by Q&A, and addressed issues that are super-critical and must-know for startup founders looking to raise funds and scale their startup.