April was a pretty busy month for Amplifi and its 1st cohort. There was plenty of action in the 1st full month since the cohort started the program on 21st March with workshops, investor meets and sessions with mentors. Each startup finalised its lead mentor and also plotted a roadmap of their journey towards Demo Day (last week of June 2016) along with their key deliverables. Some of our startups changed their product brand names, for example RefYaar re-branded and re-positioned as “Pyplyn”, SixerJobs re-branded itself as “Varsito”, while others like Trilyo expanded the scope of their offerings to make it more holistic, Tellofy refined their use case and industry focus, Anvaya defined their first product- “InsightNxt” and LiveCabs re-defined and finalised their go to market business model and approach.
All in all, an action packed, crazy month.
I hope you enjoy reading this edition.
Managing Director, Amplifi
Field Trip to Matrix Partners
Mechanics of early stage investment by Kae Capital
Workshop by our partner IBM Bluemix
Special mentor session on Seed and Angel round insights
Mock Demo Day Pitch
- Why the move to public cloud in large enterprises continues apace
- The 10 biggest European tech stories this week
- 12 Startup Stories That You Don’t Want To Miss
- SaaS Business : Positive cash flow & Growing Revenue By 3 Times In 3 Months
- Google Tax Vs Indian Tech Startups
- Content marketing for B2B SaaS
- Which commercial models make mobile-enterprise SaaS startups successful?
- How B2B SaaS Companies Can Drive Sales With Display Advertising
- How to activate your SaaS Users
- SaaS Startup Strategy | Three SaaS Sales Models
SaaS and Tech Funding News
- Indian Tech Startups Raised $1.6 Bn Across 285 Deals: Q1 2016 Funding Report
- Tech funding in Europe in January 2016
- Indian Startup Funding 2016
- Startup raised $57 Mn in funding altogether between 25 April – 30 April
- Nokia enters the digital health realm with $192 million acquisition of France’s Withings
Fundraising & financing mechanics workshop will be conducted by Mr. Vipul Mehta (Founder & CEO at Tipping Point) on 6th May, 2016.
Amplifi is expanding to 8 different locations : 6 cities in India, namely: Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Pune and 2 locations abroad, i.e. Hong Kong & Vietnam.
Applications for startups in the above locations will be opened shortly.
We are soon going to launch our own AAG (Amplifi Angel Group), which will consist of more than 50 angels.
- 2nd Mock demo pitch day will be organised soon.