April 17, 2016 | Online
Nisheeth Ranjan (CTO and Co-Founder – Brightfunnel), one of our US based mentors conducted this practical and superb session. He is a tech entrepreneur who loves to build, most recently as CTO/co-founder of IntroRocket (IP sold to LinkedIn in 2012) and before that as CEO/Founder of Zamanzar.com, an Indian real estate website.
The session was mainly focused on the following topics:
- Funding Journey of Brightfunnel.
- What do seed investors look for?
- How do angels operate differently from seed funds?
Nisheeth explained about the Brightfunnel journey – Angel round, which they had in 2013, Seed round in 2014 & further Series A in 2015.
- The biggest things which the investors are looking for in a startup:
- Market fit (ARR).
- Each funding round takes 6 months, begin early.
- Accelerators really helps in terms of finding the first few angel investors, as well as in VC funding.
The insightful and example filled session lasted for one hour, including the Q & A, where the startups asked lot of questions & all of them were brilliantly answered by Nisheeth.