On 24th March,2016 the second workshop for our Cohort 1 was conducted at XIME Incubation Center, Bengaluru.
Mr. Vishnu Bhat from Amplifi introduced the Amazon web services team. He shared his experience regarding working on the cloud platform.
Mr. Darshan Shetty from AWS started the workshop, he said that the main theme of the workshop is to tell, how AWS will help the startups, to start off & grow their business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), is a collection of cloud computing services that make up the on-demand computing platform offered by Amazon.
AWS Activate – A program designed to provide the cloud infrastructure resources needed to get started.
AWS Benefits at a Glance:
- Easy to use – AWS is designed to allow application providers, ISVs, and vendors to quickly and securely host your applications – whether an existing application or a new SaaS-based application. You can use the AWS Management Console or well-documented web services APIs to access AWS’s application hosting platform.
- Flexible – AWS enables you to select the operating system, programming language, web application platform, database, and other services you need. With AWS, you receive a virtual environment that lets you load the software and services your application requires. This eases the migration process for existing applications while preserving options for building new solutions.
- Cost-effective – You pay only for the compute power, storage, and other resources you use, with no long-term contracts or up-front commitments. For more information on comparing the costs of other hosting alternatives with AWS, see the AWS Economics Center.
- Reliable – With AWS, you take advantage of a scalable, reliable, and secure global computing infrastructure, the virtual backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar online business that has been honed for over a decade.
- Scalable & high performance – Using AWS tools, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing, your application can scale up or down based on demand. Backed by Amazon’s massive infrastructure, you have access to compute and storage resources when you need them.
- Secure – AWS utilizes an end-to-end approach to secure and harden our infrastructure, including physical, operational, and software measures. For more information, see the AWS Security Center.
Idea > MVP > Scale > Profitability
After the workshop, AWS team spend time exclusively with each of the startups, in a one-on-one session.
Pritam Mishra – Co Founder, Livecabs Technologies Private Limited said, “It was an awesome session. AWS is really superb for startup at Hatching stage.It will be better if amplifi will provide such awesome session on project management as well.”