- Successful vs. Very Successful SaaS Companies by SaaStr
- Recognized by MIT and Google, this 10th grader is looking to improve school fleet management
- ShopClues and CarTrade drive up the deal value in 2nd week of January
- Amazon & Walmart To Invest More Than $300 Mn In Indian Retail Market
- Nandan Nilekani, Accel, Kalaari & Inventus Capital Invest In Power2SME
- Mobile App Marketing: What You Can Expect in 2016
- The State of the Startup Fund raising Market in 2016
- PlexusMD Raises Funds From Arihant Patni
- Born Global: How These Indian SaaS Startups Are Scripting Their Success Stories Beyond Boundaries
- The Entrepreneur Psyche: What Makes A Great Leader
- Start-up India Stand-up India Movement
- Storm Ventures Launches $10M Fund For Indian SaaS Startups
- Mantra for saas success, with Neeraj Agarwal
- Lessons for SaaS Entrepreneurs from a 3 time Founder, Hamid Shojaee CEO of Pure Chat
- 3 Questions for Startups to Answer for Themselves in a Volatile Fundraising Environment
- Anatomy Of A Successful SaaS Company Founder
- What Tomasz Tunguz has to say about metrics for startups 2016?
- WebEngage’s New Avatar And Its Incessant March To Become The Fastest Growing SaaS Company Globally
- The New UI for SaaS – The Question, by Tomaz Tunguz
- The Five Letters that Will Change the Data World: BYOBI
SaaS and Tech News
- Media-tech startup ZAPR raises funding led by Flipkart, to bridge the gap between TV and mobile for advertisers
- Artificial Intelligence startup SnapShopr raises angel funding led by Amod Malviya
- Microsoft announces azure vm pricecuts
- IBM Buys Ustream For Cloud-Based Video Push
- 4G Launches SaaS Product for Programmatic TV Synced Ads Across Channels
- Mambu, The SaaS Banking Platform, Picks Up €8 Million Fundin
Wassup with us?
Happy New Year!
New year 2016, has given Amplifi a SaaSy start.
InstaMojo partnered with Amplifi
InstaMojo, a payment collecting app, partnered with Amplifi to empower Amplifi Asia’s portfolio startups. This would make the payment process easier for the startups that are under Amplifi portfolio.
Amplifi is looking forward to the B2B SaaS startup Accelerator program at XIME, which is scheduled in February. The Accelerator program will offer infrastructure, mentoring, shared resources, access to corporates, angel investors and VCs plus credits from partners & service providers for the entrepreneurs selected through this program.
As a part of our startup outreach for Amplifi, we started a digital campaign on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. The offline campaign was carried out with the events that were in organized collaboration with FHS Idea Lab and Indian Startups Bangalore Chapter which were extremely well attended. We received an overwhelming response from SaaS startups all over Bangalore and different parts of the county. By the time applications were closed ,13th of January, we had already received 52 applications of which 15 had been shortlisted for semi finals, where now, 15 would be called for final pitch day. Pitch day is scheduled in the week of 8th Feb 2016.
Amplifi & FHS Idealab host startup pitch
January 8, 2016 | Global Incubation Services, Bangalore
FHS Idea Lab organized an event on behalf of and for Amplifi XIME accelerator. The event was meant to introduce Amplifi XIME accelerator to the interested members of FHS Idea Lab and also to give an opportunity to its members to pitch for the accelerator program.
The turnout was very good. The afternoon began with a small talk by Praveen MG of FHS Idea Lab followed by an introduction of Amplifi XIME by Sudarshan Narayan, Managing Director of Amplifi. Sudarshan talked about how & why Amplifi was started, its objectives and team, the growing SaaS opportunities for Indian startups. He also described the accelerator program at XIME, and how it aims to work with startups. After that there was about 30 minutes of Q&A after which the participants broke for tea. Post tea, the participants who had applied to pitch to the Amplifi panel started the pitch. At the end of the pitch, Amplifi panel selected 3 startups who would participate in the finals to be held in 2nd week of February.
Amplifi – Indian Startups Blr host startup pitch
January 10, 2016 | Global Incubation Services, Bangalore
This event was hosted by the Bangalore chapter of Indian Startups Bangalore for Amplifi. The main objective was to introduce Amplifi XIME Accelerator to the members of Indian Startups Bangalore and also to invite interested members to pitch to join the finals of the accelerator pitch.
Representing Amplifi were Mr. Sudarshan Narayan, Managing Director – Amplifi, Mr Vishnu Bhat, Advisor to Amplifi, Pradeep Kamasani, Startup Mentor & Amplifi Angel Group member, Mr. Mukesh M. Hegde, Dean of Entrepreneurship Development at Xavier Institute of Management along with student volunteers.
The event began with a speech by Sudarshan outline SaaS opportunities in India and global opportunities for Indian SaaS startups. He also explained in detail the objective and charter of the Amplifi XIME accelerator. This was followed by a talk by Vishnu that reiterated Sudarshan’s opinion and advice to startups that cloud & B2B SaaS startups indeed had now taken the limelight and the time has come for Indian SaaS startups to take advantage of the rapidly maturing Asian market and investor interest in SaaS. This was followed by a short talk by Mukesh who talked about the vision shared by Amplifi & XIME, the infrastructure and facilities at XIME to be provided to the accelerator portfolio along with reiterating XIME’s commitment and enthusiasm to promote entrepreneurship. Pradeep shared his insights from the point of view of an investor which gave our audience a different perspective to pitch their products. Pradeep also mentioned how angel were now looking at SaaS more and more seriously and some of the important criteria they were looking for, in startups. This meet was followed by a brief Q&A round, and then finally the pitch session. About 10 startups pitched their ideas / ventures to the Amplifi panel which last for a good 3 hours, post which 3 were shortlisted to pitch on the final pitch day to be held in 2nd week of February 2016.
Amplifi interviews Srikanth Sundararajan, Venture Partner at Helion
Amplifi Managing Director Sudarshan Narayan interviewed Dr. Srikanth Sundararajan, Venture Partner at Helion and asked him about Helion’s SaaS investments, views on SaaS opportunities in India and tips for SaaS entrepreneurs.here he shared his views on SaaS and it’s market in India. He also mentioned that the increase in SaaS startups in India,makes it a promising market in years to come.
To catch more of it you can go visit our SaaS YouTube channel.
The pitch is scheduled on 12th-13th of February, 2016. We have already shortlisted 15 startups, out of which top 5 will be selected on final pitch day.
The Amplifi team is eagerly looking forward to welcoming its first cohort of SaaSy startups.